Evolution-Mir 2.6
Evolution-Mir 2.6
Evolution-Mir 2.6
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the world of Evolution Mir

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Helping noobs to keep them playing

Go down 
+2
GMThor
Ring/Apple
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ring/Apple

Helping noobs to keep them playing Empty
PostSubject: Helping noobs to keep them playing   Helping noobs to keep them playing I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 9:34 am

I think you should give them an @guardshelp up till about lvl 35. (Jaffs idea)

Give them a bit of a starting hand up and keep them interested. A lot of them are trying the server and moving on cos there isnt a lot of traffic. Give them a bit of help and i think they may stick around a bit longer. That in turn will entice newer players when they see these other noobs hanging around. Gives them someone to compete with and something to aim for.

Also i know of two that started because you had a pet rental note on the lomcn but quit cos it wasnt actually ingame.

I think you should perhaps add more things in like this to sweeten it up a bit for the newer players.

I dont mind a low user count tbh but a few of the other core players are grumbling.
Back to top Go down
GMThor

GMThor

PostSubject: Re: Helping noobs to keep them playing   Helping noobs to keep them playing I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 5:43 pm

we have a problem with pets there isnt a way to check the amount that u have otherwise we would of put it in already. trying to think of ways around it but its quite limited, few ideas we've had are:

• 1 Pet a day
  • When u log on u get a pet depending on your level
  • When u log u get a choice if u want a pet
  • Give the person a pet coupon once u log so u can have 1 pet

u see we can put something up once u log on so its one time only meaning u cant take advantage. If we had an npc that cant check your pet count u could have infinate.

by guardhelp what do u mean? just a pet?

Back to top Go down
Ring/Apple

PostSubject: Re: Helping noobs to keep them playing   Helping noobs to keep them playing I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 6:12 pm

Yeah thats what iceman called it on his last server. It was just something to give them a little bit of help. He had 2 x pet coupons called guardshelp that spawned a pet if you needed it. But only one worked, if that makes sense.

Just give them one pet then till a certain level. Maybe an evochicken or evodeer that has good speed attack and hp.

That should give it a bit of novelty. Lol

P.s server is dowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn
Back to top Go down
KaPow

PostSubject: Re: Helping noobs to keep them playing   Helping noobs to keep them playing I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 6:32 pm

GMThor wrote:
we have a problem with pets there isnt a way to check the amount that u have otherwise we would of put it in already.

can you not put the @conesole kill pet command in b4 the issue new pet?
Back to top Go down
GMThor

GMThor

PostSubject: Re: Helping noobs to keep them playing   Helping noobs to keep them playing I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 6:47 pm

KaPow wrote:
GMThor wrote:
we have a problem with pets there isnt a way to check the amount that u have otherwise we would of put it in already.

can you not put the @conesole kill pet command in b4 the issue new pet?

that would work, but then any tamed pets or tao pets would also die. So that would be another problem?

we was gonna do that but cos the tamed + summons die we thought best not to?
Back to top Go down
KaPow

PostSubject: Re: Helping noobs to keep them playing   Helping noobs to keep them playing I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 6:51 pm

why would they need any other pets? if this pet is there to help them lvl
Back to top Go down
jaffar1991

PostSubject: Re: Helping noobs to keep them playing   Helping noobs to keep them playing I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 6:57 pm

i thought the limit was 5 pets regardless of anything the gms put in? the only exception ive ever seen was where you got 5x pets for leveling to 40 and 45, so if u stayed online throughout u wud have 10 pets.

is this not the case here? =X

and the guardshelp is a good idea tbh, it was basically a red cave mob (cant think of the name) but it was decent enough to help but not so good to destroy caves
Back to top Go down
jaffar1991

PostSubject: Re: Helping noobs to keep them playing   Helping noobs to keep them playing I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 7:02 pm

while were on the subject of pets btw ive played a few servers with Pet NPC's that give u 2 pets according to your level, these were listed between levels 20-50 or watever max was on tht server.
this really helped encourage people to level as there were some nice pets at the top end of the scale for example crystal spider, as i was a wiz this was epic for psnin bosses ;p

Back to top Go down
Ring/Apple

PostSubject: Re: Helping noobs to keep them playing   Helping noobs to keep them playing I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 7:24 pm

jaffar1991 wrote:
while were on the subject of pets btw ive played a few servers with Pet NPC's that give u 2 pets according to your level, these were listed between levels 20-50 or watever max was on tht server.
this really helped encourage people to level as there were some nice pets at the top end of the scale for example crystal spider, as i was a wiz this was epic for psnin bosses ;p

Whats this!? Jaffar actually coming round to my way of thinking that wizards should actually have pets!??

*falls off chair in shock. lol :-)

*Before you respond saying they can get pets, 45 mins - 1 hour taming 4/5 red frogs is not a realistic taming method lol so dont bother Thor :-P*
Back to top Go down
jaffar1991

PostSubject: Re: Helping noobs to keep them playing   Helping noobs to keep them playing I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 7:33 pm

shhh ring ;p

i only say this really as this server needs an extra edge to bring new players in, if i started the server as a newbie and saw my characters kit i probably wudnt bother if im being perfectly honest, but maybe thats just me not being hardcore lol

the npc was great wen i used to play the old private servers, as for tao pets if u had 2 rental pets as a tao u cudnt spawn ure pets, which tbh worked out fine.

i think anymore than the 2 pet limit for any char is silly, there used to be lvl 50's running around with like 5 crys spiders on old server lol

Back to top Go down
GMThor

GMThor

PostSubject: Re: Helping noobs to keep them playing   Helping noobs to keep them playing I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 7:48 pm

KaPow wrote:
why would they need any other pets? if this pet is there to help them lvl

Example if a tao or qwiz has a lvl 7 pet... then wants to rent another thier pet would first die. this is the reason we didnt put this ingame.

If u create a pet via a NPC u can have an endless amount why its vital we check the slave count first.. and on here the command dont work(its not in ruby files)

So to work around this i could.....

When u log in Have a Welcome Screen that has info about the server etc. But also a menu option to summon a mob as a pet how does that sound? and say after a certain lvl you could have 2? and as your level progresses so does the variety of pets.

what u think?

on a side note was going to add 1 off quests for a Self buff in time to this so when u log it checks if uve done a certain quest(hard one) and then u have access to a rang of buffs. And also Guild quests where u aquire a key to unlock certain buffs that u can use.
Back to top Go down
jaffar1991

PostSubject: Re: Helping noobs to keep them playing   Helping noobs to keep them playing I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 7:50 pm

thsi similar to the 'number key 7' buffs you get on some servers? like auto buffs wen u press 7 lol
Back to top Go down
GMThor

GMThor

PostSubject: Re: Helping noobs to keep them playing   Helping noobs to keep them playing I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 8:07 pm

nar i can have it as a menu option on the @console

or have it automatically buff u when u log in.
Back to top Go down
Glastow

PostSubject: Re: Helping noobs to keep them playing   Helping noobs to keep them playing I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 9:05 pm

hey all ye am new lookin to join the server some time over the weekend.(not played mir in some time) an i must say it is relay off puting seeing people 45+ an no way of catching up. like jaffar was saying a pet till 38 would be great idear. am sure it will keep me playing an once u hit 38 hard to stop there an no reach that 40 mark hope see u all ingame soon

/FallenMyth
/Hazard
Back to top Go down
GMMenace

GMMenace

PostSubject: Re: Helping noobs to keep them playing   Helping noobs to keep them playing I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 11:23 pm

We can make this possible by adding a GuardHelp to the starterkit npc which adds your name to a .text file so you cant exploit it.
I'm currently deciding weither we should have custom pets in-game you can buy from the @console for the price of gold/scrolls..

for example a Spider that has super attack speed and nice hp which gives green poison as it's main attack but doesnt have Massive
Attack damage -[50million & a EvilSpiderScroll]

maybe another pet that has slow attack speed and nice hp Mass attack has it's main attack but has better attack damage than the Spider [50Million & a Scroll of whatever the pet would be so would be balanced in there own ways but have totally different advantages than the other one.

has for the low level players/ new comers.. Maybe have a StarterCave which you can enter once you receive your starter kit and kicks you out at 30-35.
Back to top Go down
GMThor

GMThor

PostSubject: Re: Helping noobs to keep them playing   Helping noobs to keep them playing I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 1:50 am

I find this ironic befor poeple moaned it was to easy to level. I know it mush be anoying seeing a lvl 45 but really lvling on here isnt that hard once u get down to it and people would help u out alot Smile

What i can suggest is we add in the Pet option once u log in so u get a choice of pet that u would like ot use and after every level there is a new pet to choose from but ofc the higher the pet level the more expensive it would be. First few pets free ofc.

As for helping new people, we can add an auto buff for the first few levels? gives u extra bit of dc, sc, mc till level 30?

But the easiest way is for everyone to help new players as u can power them to 30+ in hours.
Back to top Go down
Ring/Apple

PostSubject: Re: Helping noobs to keep them playing   Helping noobs to keep them playing I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 1:58 am

We have been doing Thor lol, its just when we leave them they get bored and leave. Me and kapow have power levelled 3/4 players and theyve just buggared off when they are left to fend for themselves. lol
Back to top Go down
GMThor

GMThor

PostSubject: Re: Helping noobs to keep them playing   Helping noobs to keep them playing I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 3:12 am

aw that sucks they clearly want an easy ride lmao. Well ive nearly coded in a pet to help when u log on.

not sure if i should add 1 Decent pet or 5 weaker pets.

For now ill leave it as 1 Decent pet every 5 levels.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Helping noobs to keep them playing   Helping noobs to keep them playing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Helping noobs to keep them playing
Page 1 of 1