Evolution-Mir 2.6
Evolution-Mir 2.6
Evolution-Mir 2.6
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the world of Evolution Mir

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Servers down.....

Go down 
+14
Revolution
Kinnersley
Glastow
jaffar91
MinorMiner
IceBlade
Ring/Apple
DarkRose
smudg
GMThor
sexmachine
sabar
EpicFail
Vork
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Vork

Servers down.....  - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 2:05 am

First topic message reminder :

As title says......
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Glastow

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 11:36 pm

ignore sabar post lol point of the server was rare to be rare including books u now (and 50 wasnt hard to get it was just people being lazy my self included ant cave give 50k exp lol!)
Back to top Go down
sexmachine

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 12:25 am

Looks like server down for me then I'm not willing to start again got to lvl 54 wasn't really that hard but all work I put in seems to be wasted if restarted never mind good luck with the sever have fun all

Back to top Go down
jaffar91

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 12:46 am

gotta agree with sex tbh m8 too much time will be wasted if it gets wiped, only reason i was gunna come back is bcoz i saw my bro playing my wiz and got sentimental haha

no wipe peoples!! weve been loyal players from the start Smile
Back to top Go down
sabar

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 12:59 am

getting the db back is proving difficult though. ive sent menace a email so hopefully he will get in touch soon. if there is a fresh start id give it a go but wouldnt put as much effort into relvling.
Back to top Go down
GMThor

GMThor

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 3:06 am

I can revert back to a older backup thats fine and put in the xmas event for a good month so u can all catch back up fast..

I totally agree with u Sex/Jaf uve been around since the start near enough so thats like 6 months of work really wouldnt be fair. But what i would do is offer like 1k CashShop gold for every level 40-50 then 1.5k for 50+ or something along those lines as incentive.

But the problem still remains is a bloody host Sad

Sabar said he might be able to but not yet.
Back to top Go down
sabar

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 3:34 am

i cant say that i can as i only have the one pc at home. my initial thought was to try get a 2nd pc to put up online but then i would still only be restricted to 30mb internet. so really i wouldnt be able to host online for 10 - 15 ppl to play. im still waiting on kaori to add me to msn so i might try sending her an email asking if shes still got the servers to host. she hosted a knight online server for me few years ago to get the server right before moving it to a dedicated server.
Back to top Go down
jaffar91

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 3:38 am

tbh thor just revert to the older files with the xmas event on for a month, if its not back up soon the players will lose wat little faith they had left and wander elsewhere, i think itl bring back a bit of competetion if u revert, and remember competition is addiction on mir so itl improve user count ;p haha
Even if the players started in early december they cant have lost anything that cant be replaced quickly with event on, with 50k xmas mobs it wud take wat 5-6 hours to get 40?

itching to get back in the game now haha

and SexMachine, your offer still stand if thor reverts instead of wipes???
Back to top Go down
sabar

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 3:53 am

but most of us active players will be loosing to many lvls. we had a huge increase in players start of december and more during the event. so i dont know how well they will take having to start all over again. even with the event on.
Back to top Go down
GMThor

GMThor

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 3:59 am

ye thats the most anoying thing we did have ALOT of new guys starting. Well when its back up with the XMAS event it my do us good as other servers wont have any events on or anything lol. Ill revert back then tbh its easier that way anyway Smile
Back to top Go down
sabar

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 4:11 am

either that or u can try and rebuild the DB to the more recent one as i suggested to u already but ofcourse whose going to be completely honest with what kit they had?
Back to top Go down
jaffar91

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 4:33 am

i would agree with you sabar if every1 was honest lol but it only takes 1 player to say 'oh he didnt have that' then its a 10 page forum arguement and any new players wont start as theyll think 'oh heres another corrupt gm'.
what kind of kit did u have drop sabar and wat lvl were u at the time b4 the event?
if reverting is the simplest quickest way then im up for that, even if i had played in december i could easily catch up with the xmas event on.

i would suggest to thor about giving the new player lvl 35 for example and some starter kit, but then i think is there any point? they could get to lvl 35 in about 2 hours with 50k reindeer / turkeys, and kit too.

just need a host dammit! if i had a comp good enough and tech knowhow id do it for ya Smile

thor u look youve made a decision m8 which is good, whats the plan for a host tho? im assuming dedi servers r too expensive for a non donation server =/

Back to top Go down
GMThor

GMThor

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 4:37 am

i can teach anyone how to host mate not to hard to set up but its a comitment ofc the server does need taking care of quite alot and checking etc.

The starting lvl is 1 now mate i put it that so people gets a chance to explore a bit more and feels like uve achieved your levels from scratch. Seems to attract more people for some odd reason lol
Back to top Go down
Vork

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 4:37 am

Tbh even though i started in December and i'll have to start from square one i'm up for it, doesn't exactly take ages to level up, maybe give a little something to the level 40+ players to show that you appreciate their loyalty?
Back to top Go down
Vork

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 4:38 am

Slightly of topic but YAY Very Happy My post has 1000+ Views ^_^
Back to top Go down
sabar

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 4:54 am

i had 3 chars i played mainly but i wanted to play sin more. my sin was 46 with 30% kit was royal blades with +3 pois and +2 aspeed and +1 dc, dual orchid rings with +3 aspeed and 1 with +1 slow, +4 aspeed gbead with +3 acc great helm and belt and dual knight braces with +2 acc. gold arm with +2 agil and +2 mr. and i did the tiger upgrade 4 times. i had two upgrades left.
Back to top Go down
jaffar91

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 5:04 am

and you did this with someones help i assume? even so thats alot to do in a month m8, guarentee youd have a better kit in a month now the events on.
and yeh thor thats wat i ment, and tbh the way i see it with starting from lvl 1 is you get to kill hens and deer!!! just like the good old days haha + you experience quick lvling so you slow down at the proper rate instead of getting 0.2% per mob at lvl 35 for example.

lets get a comp up and running guys cmon!! lol
Back to top Go down
sabar

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 5:07 am

id have to see what my kit consisted off from thors DB before i can tell what ive lost
Back to top Go down
jaffar91

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 5:34 am

ok well i guess il leave it there for tonight then guys, hope its up soon Smile
Back to top Go down
SnakeEyes

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 6:35 am

(LOBBY) : I hate to be the whingy one, but Sad im going to lose my mc 18 luck +3 BOS, 2x mc 7 reformers, ac +3 amc +2 BDA, i only really care about the weapons, including my royals which will be back anyway if the files got taken back to the start of the event, just give me back the BOS and the armour and il suck you off!!!!

(SNAKE) : if my kit isnt back to the way it is then fuck you all bounce nahhhhh but seriously i had only just started to build a decent kit out of the event, got to 46 and 56% (i never lvl) had stats coming up nicely on items that were given too me just before the event had started! MIR HATES ME!

il go and get myself some tissues now to dry my tears!

but the lobby sucking you off part still stands and she wont neglect the balls if you give me my kit back Razz
Back to top Go down
Ring/Apple

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 7:19 am

lmfao @ snake / lobby.. LOLOL
Back to top Go down
Revolution

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 7:24 am

Iv not really done that much since november or whenever you have the latest backup but i really do hate doing things again i have allready done i think you should wait untill you have latest DB files it would be a lot better.
Back to top Go down
sexmachine

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 7:50 am

Lol that's funny I will lose my tele ring tiger full upgraded and 150‰ lol all my other bits I got CBA to write it down lol
Back to top Go down
IceBlade

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 9:45 am

I got to lvl 40 on my war but tbh that is good for me and if we start all over again i cannot be assed with it.
Back to top Go down
Revolution

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 1:09 pm

sexmachine wrote:
Lol that's funny I will lose my tele ring tiger full upgraded and 150‰ lol all my other bits I got CBA to write it down lol

yup i agree with you m8 iv played this server maybe 4 weeks and got to 43 pretty easily but i would definitely not want to start again, i think thats why servers fail having to start afresh doing everything again etc, if it was put up again but from afresh or even from early november that would be it servers finished the few 5-10 loyal users would be gone me included.

So word of wisdom if you decide someone else can host the servers it NEEEDS to be with fully up to date data base files with no ones progress lost, this is the cornerstone of MMORPG progress just cannot be lost.
Back to top Go down
sabar

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 1:40 pm

thats just it tho bud. menace is no where to be seen and hes the only one with the latest db only option then is to rebuild the db as it was but only once a stable a stable host has been found.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Servers down.....
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Evolution-Mir 2.6 :: Evolution Mir :: General Discussion-
Jump to: