Evolution-Mir 2.6
Evolution-Mir 2.6
Evolution-Mir 2.6
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the world of Evolution Mir

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BREAKING NEWS - PROGRESS REPORT

Go down 
+2
Vork
EpicFail
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
EpicFail

BREAKING NEWS - PROGRESS REPORT - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: BREAKING NEWS - PROGRESS REPORT   BREAKING NEWS - PROGRESS REPORT - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 11:01 am

First topic message reminder :

Me + Sabar have Ruby Server ONLINE!

1st Ever server to run on Server 2012 + SQL 2012, early reports show it to be lag free ;-)
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
sabar

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS - PROGRESS REPORT   BREAKING NEWS - PROGRESS REPORT - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 2:43 am

same problem could be in the monsters db aswell.... if it is we need a better back up
Back to top Go down
sabar

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS - PROGRESS REPORT   BREAKING NEWS - PROGRESS REPORT - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 2:47 am

and it just so happens that it IS completely messed up. the IDs on everything in res DB is muddled up and 2012 is being a twat for making corrections.
Back to top Go down
jaffar91

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS - PROGRESS REPORT   BREAKING NEWS - PROGRESS REPORT - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 3:00 am

lmao figures were riddled with bad luck xD do u reckon thor has another back up from november? obv not being a gm i wudnt no how often the server needs backing up?
Back to top Go down
sabar

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS - PROGRESS REPORT   BREAKING NEWS - PROGRESS REPORT - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 3:36 am

i dont know but ive tried to restore the back ups myself on sql 2005 and im getting the same results
Back to top Go down
jaffar91

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS - PROGRESS REPORT   BREAKING NEWS - PROGRESS REPORT - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 3:54 am

well that is odd lol =x is there such thing as a bad back up file? thor sed hed b getting up soon so maybe he cud help u guys out?
ive got a thought atm sab/epic, im assuming the back up you have has a file that states peoples current levels?
wouldnt it just be easier to start a fresh server with the setup you have, create the old accounts and level people back up to the required number?
i no this seems like a pain in the arse but it sounds easier tryin to fix the mess uve got lol
obviously if thor isnt gunna wipe the items anymore then this wouldnt be possible, wait for him to confirm?
just an idea btw having not run or setup a server myself lol
Back to top Go down
DarkRose

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS - PROGRESS REPORT   BREAKING NEWS - PROGRESS REPORT - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 4:03 am

Been thinking the same, but what with the items?
Back to top Go down
jaffar91

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS - PROGRESS REPORT   BREAKING NEWS - PROGRESS REPORT - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 4:04 am

i duno b best to wait for thor, i thought the idea was wen they were transferin to heroes the items were goin anyway, but i think they stopped with tht idea not sure.
Back to top Go down
sabar

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS - PROGRESS REPORT   BREAKING NEWS - PROGRESS REPORT - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 4:14 am

the problem is having to restore every item to every character and we would be depending on those ppl to tell the gms what items they had. i know exactly what items and lvls i had and i could restore them fairly easy as i know what i had. some may not remember and some may see it as a way of getting something they never had. personally if menace stopped messing about and gave us his db problem solved.
Back to top Go down
jaffar91

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS - PROGRESS REPORT   BREAKING NEWS - PROGRESS REPORT - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 4:19 am

no no thats not what i ment, i ment i thought the plan was that thor would br removing the items when he transfered to heroes or is he not doing that anymore?
Back to top Go down
DarkRose

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS - PROGRESS REPORT   BREAKING NEWS - PROGRESS REPORT - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 4:21 am

Could check the old DB's for items
Back to top Go down
jaffar91

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS - PROGRESS REPORT   BREAKING NEWS - PROGRESS REPORT - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 4:31 am

im not fussed either way tbh it was just an idea, i just want the fuckin server back up if i have to lose my items fair enuf il get new 1s lol xD
probs wont be back on this evening but good luck with the files guys Smile
Back to top Go down
GMThor

GMThor

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS - PROGRESS REPORT   BREAKING NEWS - PROGRESS REPORT - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 5:21 am

im back on the case guys wont be long now Razz

bare in mind its missing some of the new recipies and other stuff i need to compare it to my local db to put them back in but that wont take to long after its up i hope
Back to top Go down
jaffar91

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS - PROGRESS REPORT   BREAKING NEWS - PROGRESS REPORT - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 7:01 am

So is the prob fixable? Much mre downtime? xD
Back to top Go down
sabar

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS - PROGRESS REPORT   BREAKING NEWS - PROGRESS REPORT - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 7:05 am

tried everything i could to save the items but seems to be a lost cause. im going to leave it in thors hands now and let him decide the future of the server. whether i be apart of that future i havnt made my mind up yet.
Back to top Go down
jaffar91

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS - PROGRESS REPORT   BREAKING NEWS - PROGRESS REPORT - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 7:22 am

Just wipe the items guys we can get more, just put the basics in the shop or an npc, the Xmas event will help us to add stats easy Smile
Back to top Go down
DarkRose

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS - PROGRESS REPORT   BREAKING NEWS - PROGRESS REPORT - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 7:28 am

Agreed, get that shiz up!
Back to top Go down
jaffar91

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS - PROGRESS REPORT   BREAKING NEWS - PROGRESS REPORT - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 8:12 am

C'mon Thor make a call m8 Smile
Back to top Go down
sabar

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS - PROGRESS REPORT   BREAKING NEWS - PROGRESS REPORT - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 8:39 am

items can be restored however our current setup is preventing the tables from being restored correctly. epic will be installing windows 7 along with sql 2005 and from there we should have a working server with updated exes and novembers DB fully restored.
Back to top Go down
jaffar91

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS - PROGRESS REPORT   BREAKING NEWS - PROGRESS REPORT - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 8:53 am

Sorry sab, wat do u meen by tables not restoring? If its long to explain just say 'its broken' :p
So u reckon windows 7 and SQL 2005 will still have this item mix up prob?
Back to top Go down
sabar

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS - PROGRESS REPORT   BREAKING NEWS - PROGRESS REPORT - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 9:42 am

it worked ok for thor locally so should work for epics server aswell.

what i mean to say is. the sql server was not reading the back ups properly
Back to top Go down
jaffar91

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS - PROGRESS REPORT   BREAKING NEWS - PROGRESS REPORT - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 9:59 am

oh i see that makes sense ty, have u really bin playing with these files all day? o.0 lol
glad to see its getting sumwhere anyway ^^ we just waiting for epic to download what thor has then, or does epic have to mirror what thors done?
Back to top Go down
sabar

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS - PROGRESS REPORT   BREAKING NEWS - PROGRESS REPORT - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 12:29 pm

Im happy to announce the server is almost ready. few minor hiccups regarding certain items and features but i will let thor have a look before i do anything else to the server. exes have been updated so a few files will be needed before you are able to play the server. once ive gone through a few things with thor things should be as they were from November.
Back to top Go down
GMThor

GMThor

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS - PROGRESS REPORT   BREAKING NEWS - PROGRESS REPORT - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 7:04 pm

im home from work so lets get this badboy online this morning!!!!
Back to top Go down
jaffar91

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS - PROGRESS REPORT   BREAKING NEWS - PROGRESS REPORT - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 7:28 pm

Woop woop! Lol nice 1 guys Smile
Back to top Go down
GMThor

GMThor

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS - PROGRESS REPORT   BREAKING NEWS - PROGRESS REPORT - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 9:20 pm

near 100% working.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS - PROGRESS REPORT   BREAKING NEWS - PROGRESS REPORT - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BREAKING NEWS - PROGRESS REPORT
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next