Evolution-Mir 2.6
Evolution-Mir 2.6
Evolution-Mir 2.6
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the world of Evolution Mir

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ideas Needed Please.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
GMThor

GMThor

Ideas Needed Please. Empty
PostSubject: Ideas Needed Please.   Ideas Needed Please. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 4:23 am

Heya guys We need to all help make this server grow so we need ideas in how to do this. The problem we have is whenever a new person joins a server with usercount of like 0-5 they simply wont stay Sad so we need to all help boost the usercount. By spreading the word across forums, fb, twitter and to everyone u guys know from mir2 and even people whos never played before??

The servers been up over 6 months now and at one stage it was pretty populated but due to wars not working, guild cretion not working, us missing alot of the leveling maps like ancnt... and some skills(which we still cant fix but trying to get LCD to get them done asap) its a massive battle. We still work on the server hours each day to add the new events + content.

So ideas I have are:

• Add Donations(to attract people who like to pay rather than work for levels + scrolls/tigers)
  • Have us all keep logged on 1-2 chars to make it apear the usercount is OK
  • A total Server Wipe so we have a big user boost to start... + run all 4 events At the same time so its fast to catch back up?
  • Better advertising on our behalf(need advice/ideas here)

as well as this ill be adding Every item, map, mob to the Website durin gthe next week or two and ill be adding every Elite weapon
and armou to game aswell by next friday so we can add the new .exe's which helps in alot of areas and Fixes DarkBody.

Thanks for your help.

*** WE WILL NOT GIVE UP ON THIS SERVER ***

Back to top Go down
sabar

PostSubject: Re: Ideas Needed Please.   Ideas Needed Please. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 5:10 am

wipe the server and ill probs pack my bags and forget mir all together if im honest (and few others i imagine).
thing is with the server that really irritates me is the really low and tight drops. 20 ks kills and its not even dropped me an orb, its the same crap everytime (22 armors, D gauntlet or gale ring) same with EC and all the other low lvl bosses i can kill on my sin. theres just nothing to kill for my lvl and most of the time im the only one on the server.

the server is pretty much owned my taos as they can kill everything solo yet the rest cant do anything. i understand u cant give the low lvl mobs uber drops but a few 40s or higher items wouldnt hurt surely? or atleast gives sins n warriors something to kill that can drop some good stuff.

like i said before about new players starting to lvl. theres nothing solid for them to just come in and play right away, they have to grind for hours just to get to lvl 30 and on most servers (that the players are use to) it never takes them more than 1 hour max. only a minor few play and enjoy low rate servers. ive seen a few new ppl come to play and i honestly think there just bored of having to lvl so long. starter cave for wizards and taos is still rather hard and i honestly think its to small and if u want a big user count there just not enough for many to kill

anyway thats just my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
KaPow

PostSubject: Re: Ideas Needed Please.   Ideas Needed Please. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 5:11 am

i think its mostly down to bad timing, if it was b4 forever kicked in i reckon alot of em would of came here first, and stayed.

i'll try get some people to join from phoenix if they'er still interested in mir
Back to top Go down
KaPow

PostSubject: Re: Ideas Needed Please.   Ideas Needed Please. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 5:13 am

i got dark body if ya want it, but like on euro mir, taos have always been the only class to solo properly, only way around it is to remove psn, and that aint gonna happen
Back to top Go down
GMThor

GMThor

PostSubject: Re: Ideas Needed Please.   Ideas Needed Please. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 5:33 am

Then we have a big problem because new people will NOT stay that long on a server where the usercount is always low.... a wipe would encourage alot of poeple to start all at one time was just an idea to boost the server. As i said ideas we need to get more playinf not moans about drops etc lol. Keeping chars looged in would help a little i think cos it will show new guys that the servre is active.

As for Low lvl bosses im sorry but they are low for a reason Sad maybe u get better luck off the ancnt bosses they drop 50% better. Sins/Wars are not really boss soloers mate its always been this way and taos on usa mir could solo everything just like on here and wiz can solo most. If the server had alot of players then there would be alot more group work so u could use the sin on high lvl bosses teams up etc. Its a user issue imo.

and it does not take long to level on here once u get grinding can hit 30 in a few hours with the new anct areas even faster.

what u mean to small?

starting lvl of 1 with all nub quests help u think?

im hoping a list of all new items/maps/mobs on the website will help aswell.
Back to top Go down
sabar

PostSubject: Re: Ideas Needed Please.   Ideas Needed Please. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 6:55 am

starting lvl should remain at 22 so new players can actually make fishers with out having to lvl them first.

the map its self is rather small if u want a big user count. if u got 10 new players there all mostly confined on that small map and most wont want to grp with other ppl.

add in the quests by all means but tweak them a little bit. anything below 22 that isnt useful rewrite for better items.

as for anct bosses. ive tried to kill awt but because i was the only person on the server and no one to rev it. i wasnt able to kill it before running out of hp and dura. so i suggest while server count is low for the moment let players see hp on all bosses. untill group hunts are worth doing.

lvling in the ant caves is super fast lvling. but think from a new players point of view... the earliest they can get enough crystals is if they farm ETs and WGs constantly for hours just to get the bloods and by time they even hit 30 they will think its just to much, get bored and play another server. make a few ads and ask ppl to come play the server and dish out some rewards for giving feedback and here what they have to say.

play the server yourself from scratch. no gm powers or anything and see how u get on.

all im saying about drops is give the lower lvl bosses something worth killing them for and add some more that sins and warriors can kill but taos / wiz cant if thats do-able. what ppl need to realise is this isnt euro mir. this is EVO MIR! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
KaPow

PostSubject: Re: Ideas Needed Please.   Ideas Needed Please. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 1:17 pm

unless he makes class specific maps i dont think he'll be able to make bosses wiz / tao cant kill
Back to top Go down
GMThor

GMThor

PostSubject: Re: Ideas Needed Please.   Ideas Needed Please. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 1:33 am

Saber your not seeing the point of this server its ment to be a tough server and it really dont take long to lvl up a bit and u can take out a wg easy with the WG pet.....

i have a char on the server ive just not played it in ages. i actually leveled from scratch and found it fast this was when the server started and when u lvl ya skills and hit bc or somehting u can do 1-2 levels an hour easy..... Maybe your from a USA mir background? im from Euro mir and it was a grinding server. For what u want i may aswell just put the starting level to 30+?

people are not staying that long because of the user count not the Toughness of the server(which it's pretty simple imo) for people to stay imo they need to see an active server even if its afkers in SZ its better than nothing.

As for that low lvl cave its ment to be small like mid/high lvl Smile theres plenty of other places to level its just a nice starter if they fancy it.

im thinking about adding the new stuff like donations to attract people who like that. Starting level 1 with quests for people who like that with a lvl 1-22 cave if they just wanna lvl up fast. Ads dont get us anywhere atm m8 peopel need to see an active server with all of us posting aroudn forums etc. Sad will have new ads soon though Smile

Back to top Go down
DrDeath

PostSubject: Re: Ideas Needed Please.   Ideas Needed Please. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 7:57 am

im a euro guy aswell a grind is what mir is for me, i would be miffed if serv was wiped but id get back on n lvl again but even slower than i am now n log on lass, + after aquiring a few nice items like BOS n crystal arm i will be debating on going if it came to be but id still give it a another go for a bit depending on how stuff if, cose of server count boss's like OK turtle king n king temp boss don't get killed and prob hell as well.

i wouldnt mind the 4 even'ts but would the exp from the exp/drop buff add on to the exp u get from the state buff ?
Back to top Go down
sabar

PostSubject: Re: Ideas Needed Please.   Ideas Needed Please. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 10:33 am

i dont really come from anywhere mir wise. i played the first mir when gamenetwork were hosting it. use to watch live game plays on sky on there channel which is how i learnt about the game. year later private servers came out and ive never looked back since... i can be a hard core lvler when i want to be. its just playing anything other than taos right now is pretty pointless, i dont want to have to relvl another char and get gear for it just to be able to solo everything. way i like to see it about private servers is your able to improve the things that need improving from the original servers. by all means make the server hard but make it fair for all classes. ive killed well over 30 or so KS and its not even dropped me an orb or anything, im just bored of only been limited to a small number of low lvl bosses where as taos can run free.

im still against the wipe and the starting lvl, but i still say add all the quests u can and improve them for lvl 22 - 30.
Back to top Go down
GMThor

GMThor

PostSubject: Re: Ideas Needed Please.   Ideas Needed Please. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 4:53 am

The problem is sabre KS isnt really a boss Razz i can lower the drop rate of bosses till users increase but will it be worth it? if the bosses was killed regular as alot have said items would be ingame mroe and more.

Well we wont be re-setting the server unless its the last resort ofc so we will try lots of thing the next few weeks/months smash in loads of content etc. As for class balancing its very difficult if we malke all bosses soloable by war/sin/wiz aswell would there be anyhting to aim for? i know war can solo bosses when the right gear + level.

u got high ACC + DC? he acc is normally the key for boss killing. All i can try and do is make PC weaker in the DB... which i dunno i can.

anyone else think starting lvl of 1 is a bad idea? with a lvl 1-22 cave and quests?
Back to top Go down
sexmachine

PostSubject: Re: Ideas Needed Please.   Ideas Needed Please. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 9:38 am

Hi I just come back to play the server tbh I think kapoow is right server came at the wring time Mir forever has so many people playing its like Mir USA on there only way server will just wait ayuur aill people get bored of Mir forever like I did and look for other server but things I think that don't help when u look on the server and people see that skills don't work when I was on Mir forever loads people msg saying they see me on evo server only resion they didn't play cos skills don't work and that the server count was a lil low I helped loads people lvl gave out items they all end up leaving Taos have allways owned most server thing just way it is I'm not taking the Pisa u gms have done a realy good job if server would been out lil before would been flying
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ideas Needed Please.   Ideas Needed Please. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ideas Needed Please.
Page 1 of 1